Sunday, November 23, 2014

A Better World me Thinks

I spoke in my last post about those who spend too much time looking at their past have no future. I didn't mean this in the sense of forgetting the past because that would mean one could never learn from it. 

What I meant was don't become obsessed with it. What was cannot be changed, it simply is not an option. We have now and the future to work with and the more time you spend digging in the dirt of the past, the less working time you in the world to make a positive impact on something or someone. I don't expect you to change the world, but try to leave it a better place for having been in it. This applies to you non-Christian and even atheists, in your world view this life is all we have, ergo what would you have; a life of havoc and sorrows or a life of meaning.

We can build bridges or we can destroy them. We can be burdens or help carry them. It's a choice, and only you can make it. If there is anything that you have that bankers, lawyers, ex's, or "the system" can't take from you, it is this choice. Use it wisely. I know it sounds like I'm preaching, and I don't mean to come across like I have all the answers. I surely do not. But this is one thing of which I'm fairly certain. That we are born into this world without a choice, and we will as surely leave it without one, so what we have is now. That's all we have. What are you going to do with it?

Perhaps you never thought about life in such a way, and you lived in the grace of ignorance. Unlike the "law", philosophy doesn't hold you accountable for that which you are unaware. Today, you lost that immunity, you no longer have this excuse to hide behind. So,  you may blame me if something untoward were to happen, like you go out and do something you can be proud of. There are some very good people in my corner of the world. They are tireless in their service and I am proud to know them. With 7 billion and change people on planet earth, what could we accomplish if everyone gave one hour of there lives. just once in a lifetime. Do the math... It's roughly 800,000 years of service. Think about it. What lay at the end of this, a better world me thinks.

No comments: