Tuesday, April 7, 2015

In Memoriam of Scott Martin






 remember Scott Martin as one of the best spirited individuals I have had the pleasure to meet in our community. In the face of adversity, Scott had a natural resilience that inspired me. It still inspires me. He wore that "grin and bear it" smile and offered some witty comment that made me think, "This guy is going to be alright", and my opinion remains unchanged.

Besides knowing Scott as an indomitable soul with a quick wit, I knew Scott as a friend. He wasn't the kind of guy who blabbered on endlessly about his problems or how unfair life was, instead he demonstrated calm perseverance which makes him a good kind of friend in my book. But when Scott spoke he was sincere and measured in his words. That makes him the best kind of friend a man can have.

We all know that Scott left us too soon, but that's always the case with best friends when they leave us, isn't it?

We will miss Scott and while he cannot rejoin us here, we will join him where he is now. I can imagine that time now, Scott will be leaning over the seat of his bike wearing that same "grin and bear it" smile and asking us what took us so long. We have not lost a friend, Scott won the race! We will see him at the finish line.

Until then I will remember Scott, and I suggest you do too, as one of us, one of the good ones, one of the best. 

Scott, we will see you soon. 





No comments: